Tales from the Tendring Flatlands

Tales from the Tendring Flatlands
Summer Bassing

Friday 25 July 2014

Bassing with Cap'n Turdster

The Mighty Turdster recently purchased a 14 foot dingy and living next to the estuary at Shotley as he does, has been learning the ropes on how not to drown at sea.
I must admit I was not keen to join him for the first few months as  I had zero confidence in his ability to safely operate a boat. This was based mainly on the premise that from a fishing point of view he's a "It'll do" man, which obviously is not ideal if you're in a boat. Especially when I'm on board.

He eventually persuaded me to join him and one lovely early morning in June I met him at the harbour at Shotley. I was pleasantly surprised at The Turd's competence and we enjoyed a good morning bass fishing.
I was fishing a light float rig, trotted off the back of the boat, whilst The Turd was fishing heavier gear uptide. We both had some decent fish, I just pipped him with a nice fish of 4lb taken just before the top of the tide.
A really enjoyable few hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment